Hands- On Spring Cupcake Decorating featuring “Chrysanthemum Cupcakes”, “Sun Flower Cupcakes” and “Splendor in the Grass Cakes”. You will love the easy and gorgeous decorating techniques and you can vote for a WINNER below! Here is my introduction video from Sunday and a pre-view of the cupcake styles:
I will focus on the Chrysanthemum Cupcakes today. It is wildly simple and does not require piping bag skills and they are very easy to transport as you will see. This next video features Jayson, one of our guests who shares his family story and I do a quick “how to” as well. Note that my face is a bit blurry, kind of like the old time movies where the aging star is shot in obvious soft focus. In my case, I think it was a bit of icing on the lens! (good idea though, for the future) Oh, and the crying child you hear, she tipped over her cupcake but quickly recovered and made a new one. You have to love our version of reality TV! Jayson shares his family baking story…
Here is a photo of a 12 year old girl’s first ever Chrysanthemum Cupcake in action:
1. Frost the cupcake.
2. Cut about 20-25 mini marshmallows in half with scissors on an angle to form “petals”.
3. Dip the cut side of the marshmallows into sanding sugar. The sugar magically adheres to the center, leaving a beautiful white edge.
4. Starting from the outside edge, place the sugared petals around the edge, slightly pointing up.
5. Do another row on the inside of the first row and repeat until you reach the center.
6. Cut 3 small slivers of dried fruit, we used apricot, and insert in the center of the cupcakes for the “stamen”.
7. We added white round sprinkles on top. Chill the cupcakes to “set” the petals in place if you like.
VOTE for your favorite number cupcake by signing up on the right in the white box, approving the e-mail you will receive and going to the “comment box” below. Add your comment, hit the drop down in “comment as” and hit name/ url and just put your name (no url needed) and then post the comment. We will be streamlining this process very soon. You can also vote on http://www.facebook.com/chefrachelleboucher
The winner will receive cupcake related prizes by Macy’s and Martha Stewart!
A BIG thank you to my trusted help David and Sam, the amazing kids I am honored to mentor. When I was George Lucas’ Private Chef, my beloved boss S.P. told me one day, “Some people are gardeners and some people are flowers. The gardeners like to be gardeners and the flowers like to be flowers.” I never forgot this idea, she and I like to be gardeners, to support and nurture “flowers” like George Lucas. More and more, I am stepping back and forth from the role of the behind the scenes “gardener” to the front and center “flower” role. Ok, fine, as long as I am allowed to nurture young culinary hopefuls such as these guys. Check out this last video as my 4 year mentee David Peck “pays it forward” passing on the nurturing support he received from me to our newest mentee Sam Delaney. You both are blossoming forth into a life of delicious possibility… I am very proud. Your “gardener” and chef- Rachelle
Stay tuned for updates on David and Sam and Thursday’s post on the “Sunflower Cupcakes”, piping tips, buttercream and much more!


9 comments:
Katya! Wow! Thanks for taking all those wild videos, pictures and ideas and making it so, so cool!
Oh and Rachel gave her cupcake to a homeless gentlemen because he asked her for it!
CUPCAKE #7
What fun my daughters Rachel, Talia and I had on Sunday! Let's cook together again!! BTW Talia my nine year old was thrilled that you used her cupcake as an example, thank you for making her feel special!
Rachelle, darling, anything for you! You keep being your amazing self and keep bringing light and smiles into this world!
I vote for #4
Number 7
NUMBER 7.... IS MY VOTE....
@Tiare, You are special and so is she! Is hers the one I also pictured above? Are any of yours above?
Post a Comment